This credit union exists for the benefit of its members, whether savers or borrowers. As a co-operative, our individual efforts combine for our mutual benefit. Credit unions offer members the chance to have control over their finances by making their own savings work for them.
Key Benefits of Becoming a Member
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- We have a wide range of financial services available with a variety of discounts and free services for members
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme
- Return on your savings through annual dividends and loan interest rebate
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by standing order without calling in
- Loan Protection, Life Savings and Death
- Benefit insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Abbeyfeale Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area.
The common bond is the factor which unites all the members of Abbeyfeale Credit Union Limited - it is what all members have in common i.e. where they live. Because of the common bond, all members have the good of their credit union at heart; they know and trust each other.
You need to present 3 forms of identification to join and a minimum of €10 is needed to open the account and keep the it activated.
Three forms of identification
One form of ID from each of the sections below is required:
- Evidence of Identification (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo), i.e. Current valid Passport, current valid Driving Licence, current valid I.D. Card
- Evidence of Address (must show address where you currently live), i.e. Original of recent Household Bill (e.g. ESB, Phone) or Bank or Building Society Statement.
- P.P.S. Number (On an official card/document)